Guidelines for Poster Preparations
Instructions to Authors for Poster Preparation
The specifications below provide important guidelines for the organization and formatting of Poster Presentations to be displayed at the 13th International Conference on Mobility and Transport for Elderly and Disabled Persons TRANSED 2012. Authors whose abstracts have been accepted must follow the instructions provided. Poster presentations that do not adhere to the guidelines may not be considered for display.
Poster presentations must be prepared in English.
Copyrights and previously published material :-
Poster Presentations previously presented elsewhere will not be accepted. Authors who have submitted abstracts and optional papers have assigned the right to the Conference organizers to publish the abstracts and final papers in the TRANSED 2012 Conference Proceedings and for uploading on the Website and to retain the same in any format.
Dimensions of Poster Presentations
The boards onto which the posters will be installed have the dimensions shown in the diagram below.
* Please prepare the poster on one sheet. Alternatively, presenters may display their materials on separate sheets which should fit the size below.
* The dimensions of the poster board are: 95 cm wide x 234 cm high. It is suggested that your poster be 90 cm wide x 120 cm high.
Design and Format
- Use graphs, charts and illustrations as much as possible. Minimize use of text and tables.
- Use large bold lettering for readability (minimum font size 14 pt non-serif e.g. Arial).
- Color will enhance poster readability and attractiveness.
- Graphic poster presentations should be readable from 2.4m (8 ft) away.
- Title: BOLD AND UPPER CASE, followed by authors’ names and affiliations; include email addresses and web addresses if appropriate.
- Summary: Not to exceed 500 words.
- Purpose of the Study
- Materials and/or Methods
- Results or Expected Results
Use borders or white space to separate sections.
Good quality double sided tapes should only be used to stick the posters on the surface of the board. Nailing etc is strictly forbidden.
Poster Session Setup and dismantle
Venue : Poster Gallery, Hotel The Lalit, New Delhi (Name of the Hall would be updated here when finalized)
Set up time : September 18, 2012 ((08:00-09:30)
Dismantle : September 20, 2012(13:00-16:00)
It is the author’s responsibility to dismantle and remove all materials on the poster board at the specific time as listed above. In the event of failure to do so, all materials will be removed by the Exhibition Contractor.